Create a webextesion who open and read a zim file

jerem...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 12:45:31 PM10/26/17

I'd like to create a webextension who open a zim file.
Someone can explain to me how i need to tell to firefox that he can open it and how can i mention that is my extension who must do it.

My actual solution (dirty) :
a python script who
1.decode zim file and extract all files in a temp directory.
2. launch firefox with the index.html

Стоян Димитров

Oct 27, 2017, 3:37:12 AM10/27/17
to dev-id...@lists.mozilla.org, jerem...@gmail.com
Hi,
That's not the right mailing list to ask browser extension related questions. Aside from that currently the Browser Extension API is targeted at the web content. So I believe it is not possible to open and process external files.

С.