Re: dev-identity Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1

James Shore

Mar 8, 2016, 2:17:50 PM3/8/16
to dev-id...@lists.mozilla.org
Yep, it’s all better now.

BTW, in the future, how should I report operations issues? Previously, #persona in irc.mozilla.org <http://irc.mozilla.org/> was the place, but it was empty when I looked this time.

Thanks,
Jim

> On 03/07/16 20:41, stephen...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, we had a misconfiguration in a change on the backend. Should be
> better now. How's it look to you?
>
> John
>> On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 7:38:49 PM UTC-8, James Shore wrote:
>>> My logins started failing today when I try to verify the Persona assertion: "unable to verify the first certificate."
>>>
>>> When I use the command-line `http` tool to do a HTTP GET https://verifier.login.persona.org <https://verifier.login.persona.org/>, I get the following error:
>>>
>>> SSLError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:590)
>>>
>>> But when I load the same URL in Firefox, everything works fine. What could be happening here? I haven't deployed new code. Is there a server-side config change that's affecting me in some way?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim
>>>
>>> --
>>> James Shore - The Art of Agile
>>> recipient of Gordon Pask Award for Contributions to Agile Practice
>>> co-author of The Art of Agile Development
>>>
>>> voice: +1 503-267-5490
>>> email: jsh...@jamesshore.com
>>> blog: http://jamesshore.com
>> Sorry, Jim - I don't have a solution, but wanted to note that Mozilla sites are also affected by something, starting around 7:56p PDT (perhaps earlier).
>>
>> This is affecting MozTrap, One and Done, Mozillians, One and Done, and probably other sites, on dev, staging, and production.
>>
>> When we use the "requests" library in Python to verify the cert, we throw:
>>
>> SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:492: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
>>
>> - Stephen

> ------------------------------
>
> End of dev-identity Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1

Daniel Thorn

Mar 8, 2016, 3:20:26 PM3/8/16
to James Shore, dev-identity
you can ping relud or jrgm in #persona or #identity on irc.mozilla.org.
we're in both of those channels, and we're the ops for persona.

-Daniel Thorn
Mozilla Services Operations Engineer

John Morrison

Mar 8, 2016, 3:22:27 PM3/8/16
to dev-id...@lists.mozilla.org
On 03/08/16 11:17, James Shore wrote:
> Yep, it’s all better now.
>
> BTW, in the future, how should I report operations issues? Previously, #persona in irc.mozilla.org <http://irc.mozilla.org/> was the place, but it was empty when I looked this time.
So #persona is pretty quiet these days, but I among others are still
usually in that channel. Otherwise, use this list, or email me or others
directly.

John