LTE tablet only reporting wi-fi not cell

Tom Gunter

Jun 30, 2017, 8:41:14 PM6/30/17
to mozilla-dev...@lists.mozilla.org
I've been running this on phones for years, so when I recently got an LTE tablet I wanted to use it. The problem is that it only shows and reports wi-fi.

Using Sensory and CellMapper, it reports cell information correctly, so there seems to be a disconnect between something in my tablet and Mozilla Stumbler. (I get the same results whether I'm just running one app or multiple.)

The tablet is an LG G Pad X 8.0 (V521) on T-Mobile. My current phone is an LG V20 (H918) also on T-Mobile.

Are there debug or developer options I can turn on to help gather info?

For what it's worth, here are screen shots from a recent drive with both devices running side by side.

Phone https://cubeupload.com/im/BcO4ji.png
Tablet https://cubeupload.com/im/VZ1ZFL.png