who's using the exports?

William Kahn-Greene

Aug 14, 2019, 5:34:16 PM8/14/19
to dev-geo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi!

I recently started working as a dev on Ichnaea
(https://github.com/mozilla/ichnaea) which powers Mozilla Location
Services. Right now I'm spending time finishing up the Docker work
that Hanno started and fleshing out a local development environment.
I'm also coming up to speed on the system's features and who's doing
what with them.

The MLS site generates downloads of the data both as a big file as
well as hourly diffs. I was wondering whether any of you use them and
if so, for what.

Thanks!

/will

Felix Baumann

Aug 14, 2019, 6:16:51 PM8/14/19
to Discussion about Geo location services, William Kahn-Greene
HI Will,

the only service I currently know of is a location provider for microg:
Local GSM Location - A local c (µg Project UnifiedNlp location provider back end using a local GSM database.) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.fitchfamily.android.gsmlocation

Does MLS keep any stats on how often the downloads are accessed (also full vs incremental updates)?
That should give you an idea, how regularly/heavily people rely on those downloads.

Regards
Djfe

William Kahn-Greene

Aug 14, 2019, 6:23:48 PM8/14/19
to Discussion about Geo location services
Hi!

I'm looking to find out more about what people/projects are
downloading the data and what they're doing with it and less about raw
number of downloads. So counts wouldn't help here.

Interesting about LocalGsmNlpBackend!

/will