API key request

Pedro Quadros

Sep 27, 2017, 2:44:21 PM9/27/17
to mozilla-dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I'm developing an application to read some cellIDs, MMCs and MNCs and get lat, long results. It's expected to do about hundreds of thousands daily requests. What's the process to request a key?

Thx

Hanno Schlichting

Sep 27, 2017, 2:49:56 PM9/27/17
to dev-geo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi.

The daily request volume you are looking for is above the free quota MLS
used to hand out.

I think you should either run your own ichnaea instance and use the
freely downloadable cell data from MLS in it. Or look at the commercial
providers in this field, like combain.com.

But since I no longer work for Mozilla, I can't speak for them. You
might have more luck getting an official response at the email address
listed on https://location.services.mozilla.com/contact

Cheers,
Hanno