intent to remove /v1/search/ api endpoint

William Kahn-Greene

Oct 3, 2019, 9:07:23 AM10/3/19
to Discussion about Geo location services
Hi!

MLS has three API endpoints for querying location. The first one MLS
ever had was /v1/search/. That endpoint was deprecated in favor of
/v1/geolocate/ which matches the Google Location Services API.

It doesn't look like /v1/search/ is being used much anymore and given
that it's been deprecated since 2015, I'm planning to remove it from
the Ichnaea code this week.

If you're using /v1/search/ or know something/someone who is, please
update to /v1/geolocate/. Documentation on that API endpoint is here:

https://ichnaea.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/geolocate.html

If that's not feasible, please let me know and we'll see what we can
do, but I can't promise much.

Thank you!

/will