charsets aren't working

Dmitry Dartz

Mar 19, 2007, 10:42:36 AM3/19/07
Hello all,

just got firefox 2.0.0.2 (mozilla 1.8.1.2) compiled from sources and seems it does not update rendering when charset is changed. For
example if I visit a chineese or cyrillic site and select appropriate simplified chineese or windows-1251 respectively, the browser
will ignore this and continue rendering fonts as if iso-8859-1 was selected. Right-click->Pageinfo will display changes.

Could you please help me with finding what's up with charsets?
Official firefox 2.0.0.2 has no this problem.

Also I noticed that Tools->Options->Languages combobox shows nothing and no languages are in the list. Official FireFox shows en-US
as selected ui language and combo contains a lot of other languages. Does this have any connection to the font rendering problem
said above? Any idea on how to fix this?

TIA