A lockscreen oversight I'd love to see corrected in 2.5

reece...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 2:10:54 PM9/4/15
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
With a light background the text on the lockscreen can be really difficult to read, I actually noticed this in 2.0 and have silently hoped it would be fixed in future versions. Maybe it would help to add a coloured tint to the homescreen depending on the colour of the background or to add a transparent border around the text?

Tiffanie Shakespeare

Sep 4, 2015, 2:20:04 PM9/4/15
to reece...@gmail.com, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Can you file a bug and NI the UX team? We can pick it up in triage next week.

Thanks!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 11:10 AM, <reece...@gmail.com> wrote:
With a light background the text on the lockscreen can be really difficult to read, I actually noticed this in 2.0 and have silently hoped it would be fixed in future versions. Maybe it would help to add a coloured tint to the homescreen depending on the colour of the background or to add a transparent border around the text?

reece...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 3:44:04 PM9/4/15
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
I don't know how, sorry. I just post here because I love Firefox OS. If anyone else who sees this knows how and has the time to I'd really appreciate it!

Naoki Hirata

Sep 4, 2015, 3:55:32 PM9/4/15
to KUPOinyourWINDOW, mozilla-dev-gaia
Done.  For now.

Bug 1201998 - With a light background the text on the lockscreen can be really difficult to read

If you have a moment, we can teach you how.  There's also the bugzilla lite app where you can file a bug from your phone!  :)

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 12:44 PM, <reece...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know how, sorry. I just post here because I love Firefox OS. If anyone else who sees this knows how and has the time to I'd really appreciate it!

reece...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 4:29:00 PM9/4/15
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
I have a moment, I use my Flame as my main phone and I've been jumping from Firefox OS versions since 1.0 on the ZTE Open because it's really interesting so I'll hapilly file any bugs I find from now on.

Naoki Hirata

Sep 4, 2015, 4:35:38 PM9/4/15
to KUPOinyourWINDOW, mozilla-dev-gaia
Most of this wiki doc applies: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Bug_writing_guidelines

You'll need to create an account on bugzilla if you don't have one.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM, <reece...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a moment, I use my Flame as my main phone and I've been jumping from Firefox OS versions since 1.0 on the ZTE Open because it's really interesting so I'll hapilly file any bugs I find from now on.

Naoki Hirata

Sep 4, 2015, 4:38:50 PM9/4/15
to KUPOinyourWINDOW, mozilla-dev-gaia
Oops. sent too soon.

The thing that will change is the Product, which is Firefox OS and the component (depending on where you are filing the bug).

In order to create a Bugzilla account please take a look at these steps: https://oneanddone.mozilla.org/en-US/tasks/14/

Other useful information for using Bugzilla can be found here :
https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/Bugzilla

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Naoki Hirata <nhi...@mozilla.com> wrote:
Most of this wiki doc applies: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Bug_writing_guidelines

You'll need to create an account on bugzilla if you don't have one.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM, <reece...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a moment, I use my Flame as my main phone and I've been jumping from Firefox OS versions since 1.0 on the ZTE Open because it's really interesting so I'll hapilly file any bugs I find from now on.

reece...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 4:41:47 PM9/4/15
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Okay I think I got all of that, I've made an account too. Is it helpful of me to attach an example screenshot taken from my flame of the text on a light background or is that reserved for just proposed patches and stuff?

Tiffanie Shakespeare

Sep 4, 2015, 4:49:00 PM9/4/15
to reece...@gmail.com, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Not at all! It's extremely helpful when people attach screenshots or even videos of the issue. It's also super helpful if you can include STR (steps to reproduce) and be as descriptive as possible. It eliminates a lot of back and forth in trying to clarify what the bug is about.

If you NI the UX team on any UI related stuff we will take a look at it during our weekly triage and post comments. The email for that NI is: firefoxos-...@mozilla.com

Thanks and welcome! :)

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:41 PM, <reece...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay I think I got all of that, I've made an account too. Is it helpful of me to attach an example screenshot taken from my flame of the text on a light background or is that reserved for just proposed patches and stuff?

Naoki Hirata

Sep 4, 2015, 4:49:21 PM9/4/15
to KUPOinyourWINDOW, mozilla-dev-gaia
It would be helpful, yes.

Screenshots, buildid, etc. you can see that in some of the other bug reports.

There's a chance it might be a dup; I tagged it with the dupme flag for me to double check later.
I had done a quick check, but not a thorough one.