On 11/26/2013 07:49 PM, Julien Wajsberg wrote:
> I'd like things to be clearer here. What are the rules for the last week
> before branching (next week)?
> * when will things be triaged by Fabrice? Will Fabrice triage 1.3?
> requests? What about existing 1.3+ bugs then?
I won't triage. Triage is there do decide "do we want something?". My
role is to decide "can we ship something?".
> * we should not land anything that is not 1.3+, except approved by
> fabrice ? (like bb+ last year)
> * we should not land anything that has not been approved by fabrice at all?
The sheriffing applies mostly to feature work, not to usual bug fixes -
unless they are potentially destabilizing, like a big refactoring.
> * Different rules for Gaia and Gecko?
No, Gaia & Gecko all together.
Overall, my role as a sheriff is to take a decision. I'll base that as
much as possible on concrete data to evaluate the risk (in no particular
- is the code fairly isolated? ("I want to refactor the RIL worker"
would not pass).
- has this code caused churn or pain before?
- is it easy to turn the feature off?
- do we have good test coverage?
- do we have good QA coverage, ie in smoketests?
- do we have strong partner expectations for the feature?
Feel free to ping me on irc if I'm not afk, to needinfo me on any bug
that needs to sheriffed, and email in last resort!
Let me know if this is not clear enough.