Building an app with native FxOS look and feel

zefanja

Sep 13, 2015, 5:31:30 AM9/13/15
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I want to build an app for FxOS, but I'm unsure what I should use for
the UI. There are the building blocks in more or less two versions - web
components and the ones used in 2.0 to 2.2. AFAIK web components are
restricted to certificated apps only. Will this restriction be lifted soon?

What do you recommend?

Regards,
zefanja

Fred Lin

Sep 13, 2015, 6:00:06 AM9/13/15
to zefanja, dev-gaia, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
At this time I suggest 3rd-party developers to use building blocks for Firefox OS only webapp, at least target for 2.x devices.

Web components is still a reserved feature for core gaia apps.

regards
--
Fred