PRODUCT_PACKAGES supported/required by B2GOS?

emeric....@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2017, 8:53:48 AM1/25/17
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Looking at the differences between Flame device's v18D vs v18D_nightly_v4 builds, I'm having difficulties determining what's superfluous or N/A (such as [1][2]) vs. what has been overlooked in nightly builds.

For example, Flame device grabs system/lib/libcnefeatureconfig.so and system/bin/qrngd from manufacturer's base image in extract-files.sh script. It's however possible to rebuild from sources both of them including platform/external/connectivity and platform/external/qrngd CAF repositories in flame-kk.xml manifest. Nothing more involved.

Similarly, if you add platform/external/curl CAF repository to flame-kk.xml manifest, you'll end up with curl and libcurl.so binaries "magically" added to system/{bin|lib}. Well, not that magical after all, as they're too added to PRODUCT_PACKAGES in device/qcom/common/common.mk.

By contrast, other binaries need to be explicitely added to PRODUCT_PACKAGES, such as libandroid, since system/bin/mm-pp-daemon links to system/lib/libandroid.so.

So, how do I know if a binary (missing in nighty build vs base image) should have been included in the end? Or isn't included because FxOS doesn't support/require it?

More generally, I don't know what Gonk exposes/expects/requires. And I can't find a reference document on this subject. Any pointer on this?

Thanks,

Émeric

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.fxos/4kfNl6D0tDg
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.fxos/wVsH7Kc6WyQ