Marketplace apps backup?

emeric....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 5:19:08 PM3/27/18
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Marketplace will definitely shut down in a couple days.

So, is there a way to back up my installed apps in order to restore them later without help of Marketplace, in the unfortunate event a factory reset of my phone is required?

Thanks,

Émeric

Michael Henretty

Mar 28, 2018, 12:58:42 PM3/28/18
to emeric....@gmail.com, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Quote from our marketplace team:

"I think you could reinstall the apps from the archive that so and so posted (https://archive.org/details/Firefox_Marketplace_2018_03_Capture). Someone suggested previously using WebIDE to backup on your PC, but that presupposes you're using a PC (and not just the phone itself).

(None of which I've tried, but probably a good idea for anyone interested since we're, uh, two days from shutoff)"

Hope that helps. Big thanks to Lindsay Saunders for tracking this info down.
Michael

Tim

Mar 28, 2018, 5:21:28 PM3/28/18
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On Tue, 2018-03-27 at 13:51 -0700, emeric....@gmail.com wrote:
> So, is there a way to back up my installed apps in order to restore
> them later without help of Marketplace, in the unfortunate event a
> factory reset of my phone is required?

I don’t use FxOS anymore, but I remember that I have copied all my
installed apps from the phone to my PC.
Somewhere on your phone there should be a folder containing all apps
with some UID as folder name, e.g., “{b9925178-357d-4925-86df-
f9a10641843a}”. These folders should contain (among others) files like
“application.zip” and “manifest.webapp.” (Or only “manifest.webapp” in
case of an online app.)

Hope this helps and you can easily find the folder I’m referring to.

Best,
Tim