Re: Bancontact apps blocked by Firefox

Dave Townsend

Mar 29, 2017, 7:25:24 PM3/29/17
to Véronique Hayen, firef...@mozilla.org, mobile-fi...@mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Can you describe more about what aspect of Bancontact is blocked, do you receive some kind of error message? I don't know the system so it is difficult to understand what the problem is.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Véronique Hayen <Hayen_V...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Could you please to stop to block Bancontact  to pay online.

Most of the belgian doesn’t have and doesn t want credit card so we have the banontact tool but your Firefox block the online payement when I  want to pay by using my bancontact apps to scanned the cube.

https://www.bancontact.com/en

Thanks to do Something,

Véronique Hayen

Véronique Hayen

Mar 30, 2017, 9:00:16 AM3/30/17
to mobile-fi...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Mar 30, 2017, 9:00:17 AM3/30/17
to Dave Townsend, Véronique Hayen, mobile-fi...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On 30-03-17 01:25, Dave Townsend wrote:
> Can you describe more about what aspect of Bancontact is blocked, do you
> receive some kind of error message? I don't know the system so it is
> difficult to understand what the problem is.

Also, what operating system is this happening on? Windows? Android? iOS?

I checked Android and websites will present a link of the format
"bepgenapp://DoTx?TransId=1cmc-live.adyen.com/pal/bep$uniqueid"

Opening that with Firefox correctly launches the app on my phone. The
sites seem to expect a reply back from the app, no idea if that involves
the browser.

Aside from that, the app is a total nuisance: it won't run on any phone
that has ever been rooted, it won't run with debugging enabled, it won't
accept names with dashes (thanks Bankcontact guys for telling me I have
a not allowed name!), names that are too long (seriously?). Linking up
your card asks for your 2FA credentials. As there's no way to verify
this connection is secure or what you are connected to, I bailed out
here. Entering my 2FA credentials in this app would be a violation of
the usage agreement of my bank card, and void any fraud warranties.

Luckily, I've never needed this app for any "bankcontact" payments.
Every shop I've ever used sends you to a payment processor's website
which work properly in the browser using HTTPS.

--
GCP

Véronique Hayen

Mar 30, 2017, 3:31:44 PM3/30/17
to Gian-Carlo Pascutto, Dave Townsend, mobile-fi...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org

Hello,

I’ve bought yesterday on the website Lidl.be  ( on pc), when I want to pay, i choose bancontact but the one with smartphone ( you take the smarphone and you scanned the  barcaode on the pc and it’s pay in 2 second) but your Firefox blocked this access  with error.

It’s very annoying because i’ve to do it manuelly with my box and to encode eveything.

Sincerly,

Véronique Hayen

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Envoyé le :jeudi 30 mars 2017 14:37
À : Dave Townsend; Véronique Hayen
Cc : firef...@mozilla.org; mobile-fi...@mozilla.org; dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Objet :Re: Bancontact apps blocked by Firefox

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Mar 31, 2017, 8:35:30 AM3/31/17
to Véronique Hayen, Gian-Carlo Pascutto, Dave Townsend, mobile-fi...@mozilla.org, firef...@mozilla.org, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
On 30-03-17 21:31, Véronique Hayen wrote:
> I’ve bought yesterday on the website Lidl.be ( on pc), when I want to
> pay, i choose bancontact but the one with smartphone ( you take the
> smarphone and you scanned the barcaode on the pc and it’s pay in 2
> second) but your Firefox blocked this access with error.
>
> It’s very annoying because i’ve to do it manuelly with my box and to
> encode eveything.

Hello Véronique,

we still don't have enough information to understand what you are doing
or what the problem is.

What phone do you have? Android phone or iOS (Apple iPhone)?

Do I understand correctly you're using some application (which one?) to
scan a QR code? This produces a link (?), which Firefox then cannot
open? How does the link look? What error *exactly* are you getting?

--
GCP