Extension validation should have errors for unsupported manifest keys

Paul Heil

Jun 15, 2016, 1:14:15 PM6/15/16
When uploading a Webextension to AMO with clipboardWrite, clipboardRead, or an update_url it is automatically signed. This is an issue since the extension will not actually be able to be installed due to the unsupported keys.

When developing and installing with the "Temporary Add-on" feature there are no warnings about these keys so one would think they should be okay to leave in...

Since Firefox doesn't ignore unsupported keys wouldn't it make more sense to display errors and require fixing before signing?

Is this the intended behavior or is it a bug?

Paul

Andrew McKay

Jun 17, 2016, 5:21:35 AM6/17/16
to Paul Heil, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
I think its a bug that was caused by a regression in Firefox 47. Are
you testing this in 47 or 48?

Paul Heil

Jun 17, 2016, 8:23:14 AM6/17/16
I am testing in 48.0b1.

Andrew McKay

Jun 17, 2016, 10:26:49 AM6/17/16
to Paul Heil, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
I can't reproduce, do you get a log of errors? Do you have a link to
the addon so I could try to see what the problem is?