Looking for Dev to take over TagZilla

B00ze

Jul 26, 2016, 9:46:44 PM7/26/16
Good day.

Title says it all; TagZilla, the only addOn for Thunderbird that adds
TagLine support, no longer works on recent builds (i.e. v38 and up). I
have personally not tried it on newer builds because I don't want to run
TB without taglines, but I trust the reports here:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2410229.

The addOn has been hosted on MozDev forever
(http://tagzilla.mozdev.org/), but AFAIK MozDev is mostly dead. Philip
Chee picked-up development some time in 2006, but I'm afraid he's gone
missing, none of his addOns has been updated for years. The addOn calls
functions of jsLib (another XPI hosted on MozDev that's no seen an
update in years), and I think this might be where the problem lies (ie.
File I/O in TagZilla is all jsLib functions).

I can code in COBOL and some other languages, but I cannot do it in
JavaScript and I know nothing of the Mozilla/TB environment. I have
emailed Philip Chee but got no response.

So ... Looking for someone to pick this up; anyone interested? I have a
rare version of TagZilla (tagzilla-0.7a2) that I cannot find anywhere
anymore, so obtaining it from me as a starting point is a good idea. I
can assist in testing, and I can probably merge used jsLib functions
with TagZilla with a little help, as a starting point, but fixing bugs
is probably beyond my ability right now.

Thank you.
Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / B00...@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society