Thunderbird 3 - tree column display/hide

Florian Stoffel

Jan 9, 2010, 3:06:19 PM1/9/10
Hi,

I'm trying to display and hide a custom column in the threadTree of
Thunderbird. With TB2 it worked as it did with the last beta and rc
builds of TB3. Using the TB3 final, the column is hidden all the time -
regardless of my manipulation of the hidden attribute of the treecol.

Whenever I'm adding some blocking code (alerts) in the line after the
removeAttribute('hidden') (or the setAttribute('hidden', 'false')), my
column is shown - but immediately after that, the column is hidden again.

I also tried to change the column id and manually examined the
localstore.rdf in order to remove or change any visibility attributes...

Any suggestions?

Greetings, Florian

Some code:

overlay.xul:

<tree id="threadTree">
<treecols id="threadCols">
<splitter class="tree-splitter"/>
<treecol id="myCustomColumn" ignoreincolumnpicker="true"
flex="2" insertbefore="dateCol"
width="10em" hidden="true"
label="&extension.column.label;"
tooltiptext="&extension.column.tooltip;"/>
</treecols>
</tree>

js code:

myComponent.column = document.getElementById('myCustomColumn');

myComponent.createDBObserver = function() {
if(myComponent.showColumn()) {
myComponent.column.removeAttribute('hidden');
} else {
myComponent.column.setAttribute('hidden', 'true');
return;
}

}