10.0.4esr release updates

Chris Alexander

Jan 29, 2013, 10:11:39 AM1/29/13
Hi folks

We have a deployment of XULrunner 10.0.4esr within SWT. SWT currently only supports v10 of XULrunner, and we were wondering if this version would be receiving any updates. We see the corresponding Firefox release has been updated, and we have some SWT / XULrunner issues (particularly OS X-related) which we would like to try and resolve.

Is there anyone updating v10 of XULrunner, if so, are any builds available anywhere?

Cheers

Chris

Philipp Wagner

Sep 30, 2013, 10:11:34 PM9/30/13
Hi Chris,
The latest version of the 10.0.x ESR series was 10.0.12, released in
January 2013. This version is not supported any more and has known
security bugs. 17.0.x ESR series is currently being phased out (but
still supported for two more releases, i.e. ~ 2x6 weeks). Switching to
the new 24.0.x ESR releases is highly recommended if you can do it
(otherwise browsing to untrusted sites is not a good idea).

Unfortunately there seem to be no builds available for the ESR XULRunner
releases, but you can build it yourself from source if you need to. The
source is here: http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr10

Philipp

Philipp Wagner

Sep 30, 2013, 10:14:45 PM9/30/13
Oh well, I guess I just answered a 10 month old question based on the
idea that the 29th was yesterday and my thread sorting was wrong. Sorry,
I guess you've resolved your issue since :-)