Deployment of a xulrunner application on MacOSX

jeh....@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2013, 9:36:59 AM9/5/13

I'm working on a project using the XULRunner framework. The application is a desktop video player.
The prototype works fine on Windows but we have some troubles to get a functional and installable app on MacOSX using the framework (despite the various posts on the internet).
Could you give me some support on the correct bundle to realize for current MacOS version?
Thanks in advance.

jeremy...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2013, 9:43:57 AM9/9/13

Finally I succeeded to obtain an installable app with the following tutorial:

http://joliclic.free.fr/mozilla/howto/dist-xul-app/en/chapter_4.php#howto_dxr_4.4

In this sample, Firefox is used to launch the xulrunner app.
The application works fine with Firefox 20.0 but doesn't work with Firefox 23.0.
Details: My application needs Flash and another third party plugin. The Flash plugin is executed and works in each case. The third party plugin is always listed in the plugin manager but it is executed only with Firefox 20.0. (The plugin works however with any Firefox version when it is executed in the browser). With Firefox 23 the plugin isn't launched (invisible in the task manager).

My final goal is to bundle the app with a given version of xulrunnner. I modified the sample in order to use a bundle framework but the issue is the same with all xulrunner versions: the third party plugin is listed in the plugin manager but it isn't launched with the app.

So currently the only functional case is to launch the app with firefox 20.0 but it is not suitable for the project. Can anyone help me to get a bundle application functional with third party plugin and Flash Player?
Thanks in advance.