Obtaining session cookies from a running Mozilla instance

Florian Weimer

Nov 30, 2014, 4:32:36 AM11/30/14
to dev-em...@lists.mozilla.org
I have various web applications which I want to automate with some
script, but they require complex login procedures which are rather
difficult to implement without a full web browser.

I have discovered a way to extract both long-term and session cookies
from the profile stored on disk (at least on GNU/Linux), and it works
really well with the specific Firefox versions I have tested. But
this does not really look like stable API. Is there a better way to
achieve my goal?

I want to avoid bundling a complete Firefox installation with my
automation scripts, I'd rather reuse an existing Firefox installation.