RDM will no longer rely on <iframe mozbrowser> to render websites very soon

Patrick Brosset

Mar 10, 2020, 11:04:02 AM3/10/20
to dev-developer-tools
It feels like I was talking about RDM and thanking Brad and Micah for their successful completion of the <meta viewport> project just yesterday[1]. But please bear with me as I need to do it once again!

Indeed, this very same team went on to the next task and today marks the successful completion of yet another RDM project.

Look for more communication from them about this topic soon, but really quickly, this project aimed at moving the RDM user interface from being hosted inside a browser tab to being fully integrated into the user interface of the browser itself. This, in turn, means we can get rid of a bunch of complicated code and bugs, and make RDM ready for Fission.

Please join me in thanking Micah and Brad for their amazing work on this complicated re-architecture project and getting it done so quickly!

If you want to learn more, you can check out:
- the list of bugs fixed [2]
- the completion graph [3]

- Patrick

Brian Grinstead

Mar 10, 2020, 11:14:44 AM3/10/20
to Patrick Brosset, dev-developer-tools
So glad to see this landing - great work Micah and Brad! This simplifies things quite a bit for the Firefox frontend and also unblocks removing mozbrowser entirely which is important for Fission in addition to us no longer needing to maintain two separate browser element implementations.

Brian