This Week in DevTools (January 21st, 2020)

Patrick Brosset

Jan 22, 2020, 4:23:15 AM1/22/20
to dev-developer-tools
A bit of a slower week this time, but I think you'll enjoy this update nonetheless!

All DevTools bugs fixed last week

Console

  • Eager evaluation now works when the debugger is paused (bug 1609630)

  • Eager evaluation does not impact $_ (helper to reference last evaluation result in the console input)  anymore (bug 1609264)

  • Fixed visual glitch in Eager Evaluation result (bug 1609644)

  • Eager evaluation should be enabled by default in Nightly soon, once we found out tests failures (bug 1603356)

Layout/Mobile Tools

  • A new InactiveCSS warning landed. This one will let you know when one of the top, right, bottom, left and z-index properties are being used on a non-positioned element (bug)

DEBTools

  • WebExtensionInspectedFront.eval now handles ObjectFronts (bug 1599432)