Orange Klif Build

mohame...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2015, 5:46:09 AM9/3/15
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Is there any Build from FFOS for Orange Klif Device?
i found this link but i still don't work.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/

Natalia Martinez-Winter

Sep 3, 2015, 11:59:36 AM9/3/15
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
as far as I'm aware, the build has been created by Alcatel, we don't have access to it... only TCL and Orange might have access to it.

Firefox OS
Natalia Martinez-Winter
Sr Marketing Manager
Firefox OS

nat...@mozilla.com
+33 6 888 11 959
natalia...@skype.com
twitter : @martinezwinter

dattaz

Sep 3, 2015, 2:23:31 PM9/3/15
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
This is one of main issue with telephone sold with Firefox OS for
developer. We need a root access for all device sold with Firefox os.
Firefox os is open source so we need to have the possibility to made our
own build.

I know this is not necessarily easy to impose on the manufacturer, but
it's really important :)

dattaz

Mohamed Hafez

Sep 4, 2015, 8:08:29 AM9/4/15
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
any one can help here!!

On 3 September 2015 at 14:39, dattaz <t...@dattaz.fr> wrote:
Have you a root access on the device ?
you need it from building/flashing

dattaz

Le 03/09/2015 11:46, mohame...@gmail.com a écrit :
> Is there any Build from FFOS for Orange Klif Device?
> i found this link but i still don't work.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/

photo
Mohamed Hafez
Software engineer, Middle East News Agency

Naoki Hirata

Sep 4, 2015, 12:51:22 PM9/4/15
to Mohamed Hafez, dev-b2g
AFAIK, Natalia is right.  The vendor/manufacturer has to root the phone if you want the phone rooted.

If it's a build you want, Alcatel is providing the builds at the location that you mentioned:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/

You have to have access to fastboot, I believe; ie adb reboot bootloader
once you setup adb support on the phone and install android sdk.