Reverse tethering in Firefox OS?

Chan Ju Ping

Sep 11, 2015, 1:14:53 AM9/11/15
to dev-b2g

I was wondering whether it would be possible to perform reverse tethering on Firefox OS. I tried the instructions here, and they didn't seem to work.

Would anyone like to give it a try and report back?

Naoki Hirata

Sep 11, 2015, 11:22:01 AM9/11/15
to Chan Ju Ping, dev-b2g
Which platform are you on?  If you are on the Mac you may need to use a different driver.

From https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/Tips_And_Tricks:

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Chan Ju Ping <em...@chanjp.me> wrote:

I was wondering whether it would be possible to perform reverse tethering on Firefox OS. I tried the instructions here, and they didn't seem to work.

Would anyone like to give it a try and report back?

Chan Ju Ping

Sep 11, 2015, 3:46:43 PM9/11/15
to Naoki Hirata, dev-b2g
On Linux. Specifically OpenSUSE 13.2.

On Friday, September 11, 2015 08:21:54 AM Naoki Hirata wrote:
> Which platform are you on? If you are on the Mac you may need to use a
> different driver.
>
> From https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/QA/Tips_And_Tricks:
>
> - Android Tethering might not necessarily work with Mac due to missing
> drivers. A resolution for this is HoRNDIS:
> - http://www.joshuawise.com/horndis#available_versions
>
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Chan Ju Ping <em...@chanjp.me> wrote:
> > I was wondering whether it would be possible to perform reverse tethering
> > on Firefox OS. I tried the instructions here
> > <http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2287494>, and they

Naoki Hirata

Sep 11, 2015, 4:58:34 PM9/11/15
to Chan Ju Ping, dev-b2g
I'm not sure.  I'm guessing it might be a driver issue.
Having said that, is there any thing in any of the logs that might give you a direction to work with?

Chan Ju Ping

Sep 12, 2015, 11:51:58 AM9/12/15
to Naoki Hirata, dev-b2g
Not sure what to look out for to be honest. Though I found another guide which
mentions toggling usb0, which I do not see in my networks.

http://www.tipsring.com/72-share-pc-internet-connection-with-android-phone-via-the-usb-cable