Removing the calendar and tasks icons in TB 78

Tiger

Sep 16, 2020, 12:34:47 PM9/16/20
I just updated my Thunderbird to version 78.2.2 (Mac platform) and now
have a "Switch to the calendar tab" and a "Switch to the tasks tab" icon
in the upper toolbar.

There's also a "Today pane" icon in the status bar.

As I have all my appointments in the MacOS Calendar app I have no need
for the Thunderbird equivalent and would like to remove the icons, but I
can't find a way to do it! I've been able to remove them in the past,
but not this time.
What I usually do is right-click on the toolbar in question, then drag
the icons I need/don't need. This still works with all my other icons
(write, reply, forward etc.) but not those mentioned.

Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

--
Tigerrrrrrrr

WaltS48

Sep 16, 2020, 1:29:47 PM9/16/20
You missed the Thunderbird support group at mozilla.support.thunderbird
on this server.

There also is <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird>

This is a pretty much unused newsgroup/mailing list for developers who
have moved on to other platforms.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Tiger

Sep 16, 2020, 3:21:45 PM9/16/20
On 16/09/2020 19:29, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 9/16/20 12:34 PM, Tiger wrote:

>> Is this a bug, or have I missed something?
>>

> You missed the Thunderbird support group at mozilla.support.thunderbird
> on this server.
>
> There also is <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird>
>
> This is a pretty much unused newsgroup/mailing list for developers who
> have moved on to other platforms.

Ah! Thanks for letting me know.

--
Tigerrrrrrrr

Jon Green

Sep 21, 2020, 6:50:26 AM9/21/20
On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 18:29:47 UTC+1, WaltS48 wrote:
> You missed the Thunderbird support group at mozilla.support.thunderbird
> on this server.

In fairness, <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/> points
people to this newsgroup, the only one listed for Thunderbird under
"Applications and Projects". If that's incorrect, it should be fixed.

Jon

Wayne

Sep 21, 2020, 7:49:56 AM9/21/20
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
No correction needed afaict. You cite the project and developer entries.

The _user support_ entry is listed is listed in that category, as is
Firefox,

mozilla.support.thunderbird#
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/#support-thunderbird>

Support for Thunderbird. But the best place to start is our support
website <https://support.mozillamessaging.com/kb/ask>. (Moderated)