Problem with stdlib/msgHdrUtils.js since TB 8 (or 9?)

rene

Apr 22, 2012, 1:52:43 PM4/22/12
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all,

I'm using msgHdrUtils to retrieve some headers in my extensions. They
worked up to TB8, from TB10 (upto TB14) they are broken.

The msgHdrUtils is going to retrieve the headers with onDataAvailable in
the StreamListener, the data gets streamed by
messageService.streamHeaders. With the current versions I don't get the
beginning of all the headers, it just misses about two and a half
headers in all mails and starts from there:

Example Original Header:

Direkt Output from onDataAvailable:
tiative.de ([46.4.52.124])
by h1648405.stratoserver.net with esmtp (Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from <xx...@list.opennet-initiative.de>)
id 1SLgbO-0001ME-2V
for xx...@absorb.it; Sat, 21 Apr 2012 22:08:21 +0200
by www.xxxxx-initiative.de (Postfix) with ESMTP id 1B1CD26816B;
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 22:08:07 +0200 (CEST)

Any idea what is going on? Any changes in the way headers should be
retrieved?

Nice regards,
Rene

Jonathan Protzenko

Apr 22, 2012, 10:12:34 PM4/22/12
to rene, dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Huh. I wrote that function and I haven't noticed that, although I'd
gladly accept any patch if you find out a way to fix this :)

jonathan

rene

Apr 23, 2012, 2:21:08 AM4/23/12
to Jonathan Protzenko, dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

the problem occured between 6th and 7th of Oct last year.

working (getting all headers):
20111006033228
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/f107192c7d59
http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/1b02fbd2f3b0

not working (missing first headers):
20111007030013
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/c3a50afc2243
http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/5d28210323c4

There was a change http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/b83fba0bc529
to the streaming in between, can you re-check the commit, it's way to
complex to understand and search for the point to check...

Thanks, nice regards,
Rene

Jonathan Protzenko

Apr 23, 2012, 9:34:28 AM4/23/12
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
So this commit introduces a new method for streaming just the headers
of a message. The function you're using uses this new method if
available ; otherwise, it just falls back to another, older method.

I'll try to look into it, probably next week. Thanks for the bug report!

jonathan