Can Thunderbird handle multiple Oauth accounts?

Jeffs Chips

Feb 24, 2021, 8:38:08 PMFeb 24
Hello, and I apologize if this is the wrong group - I can't seem to gain access to the thunderbird. mozilla google forum. No method of seeing threads or messages.

Here is my question: can Thunderbird handle multiple Oauth accounts? I have several pop accounts in Thunderbird but only one seems to use Oauth. If I create another and specify Oauth, the message always appears to be FROM: the original Oauth I setup in Thunderbird and not the new one.

Thank you - again, apologize if this is the wrong group and if so, can someone point me to the correct one.

Millwood

Feb 24, 2021, 10:02:00 PMFeb 24
I'm not sure what you are asking but - I have a number of gmail accounts
(imap) each of which is Oauth2 and they all work correctly.

ISHIKAWA, Chiaki

Feb 24, 2021, 10:51:09 PMFeb 24
This exchange suggests to me that there can be an issue with POP3-side
of authentication implementation. Hmm.

Chiaki

ISHIKAWA,chiaki

Feb 24, 2021, 11:23:12 PMFeb 24
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org, jeffs...@gmail.com
On 2021/02/25 12:01, Millwood wrote:
Original reporeter,

Would you like to file a bug at bugzilla.mozilla.org?

Am I correct in understanding that if the following configuration is used?

server A  Oauth   ---> you receive the e-mail.
server B  other    --->
server C  other    --->
server D' Oauth   --->

I wonder how you checked the operation of server D' above, the new host
with Oauth.

The email that you receive from server D' carries whatever "From:"
address that it HAD WHEN IT WAS GENERATED. So it is natural that the
email may not carry the FROM: address of server D'.

But you say all the messages that you see carry the address of serverA.

 - Did you log into server D' and create an e-mail there?
 - Did you ask somone to send you an e-mail via server D'?

   Did that someone have an address somewhere or on serverA? If server
A, then your observation is normal.

I think we need to know more about "the message always appears to be