Html font size

George Newton

May 1, 2020, 5:25:31 PM5/1/20
Apologies if this is the incorrect NG, but I don't
know of any usenet NG for Thunderbird users.

Recently I upgraded from an old version--I don't remember
exactly what version--probably ~38...

In v68.4.1 and 68.7.0, "Composition > Html > Font
> Lucida Console: Size: Small"

sends messages with text _twice the size_ I'm seeing
in the actual compositions...results about 14 or 15pt.

Now, a test with "Size: Tiny" (the smallest), the
sent/rec'd messages are at the size I'm used to
for about 20 years.

Is there some setting that is not correct in my setup,
or something I'm not understanding.

All of the posts for help on mozilla web pages about
font sizes are about font sizes _too small_

My condition is the opposite.

--
George Newton

Dave Royal

May 2, 2020, 2:11:52 AM5/2/20
George Newton <no...@none.com> Wrote in message:
> Apologies if this is the incorrect NG, but I don'tknow of any usenet NG for Thunderbird users.Recently I upgraded from an old version--I don't rememberexactly what version--probably ~38...In v68.4.1 and 68.7.0, "Composition > Html > Font > Lucida Console: Size: Small"sends messages with text _twice the size_ I'm seeingin the actual compositions...results about 14 or 15pt.Now, a test with "Size: Tiny" (the smallest), thesent/rec'd messages are at the size I'm used tofor about 20 years.Is there some setting that is not correct in my setup,or something I'm not understanding.All of the posts for help on mozilla web pages aboutfont sizes are about font sizes _too small_My condition is the opposite.-- George Newton

The TB support NG is mozilla.support.thunderbird.
It's moderated, so you will get a delay before the post appears.
It's also sent to a mailing list, so not only a NG.

When you say it's 'sent' with text twice the size, it should be sent
with the font and text-size description you specify. Use control-u on
the message in the sent folder to see what font and size are encoded
in the html. If those are as you specified it's the receiving program
that could be interpreting it wrong. Maybe it doesn't have that font.
Is it the same whatever email client/OS you read it on?

To see whether TB is displaying it wrong, you could copy the message
(starting <html> and ending </html>) into a file called
'test.html' and
display it in a browser.
--
Remove numerics from my email.