postbox

David Ascher

Sep 10, 2008, 12:06:57 AM9/10/08
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
I figured this group would be interested in hearing about Postbox, the
company that Scott McGregor founded. They launched today at TechCrunch
50, and demoed their new product, based on mozilla code:

Demo:
http://www.techcrunch50.com/2008/conference/presenter.php?presenter=75
Screenshots at: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/postbox

I'm quite impressed with what they've done on top of the mailnews/gecko
codebase, it's very slick! It's interesting to see the similarities and
differences with what we're working on for Thunderbird 3 & later. Given
the positive response from the audience, it also sounds like even the
technorati are looking for better email solutions. I'm more and more
convinced that with bits like the global database getting close to
ready, Thunderbird can become a platform for innovation that will give
us lots of room for exploring new ways of dealing with email. Some of
that will look like Postbox, or Xobni, or gmail, and some will look
quite different.

--david

Insta Powerful

Sep 26, 2023, 12:26:00 AM9/26/23