SM 2.53.8 will not launch

Rainer Bielefeld

Feb 25, 2021, 4:41:26 AM2/25/21

I see a strange problem with my installation of unofficial (by wg9s) De
SeaMonkey 2.53.8 beta 1 pre Mozilla/5.0 (NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 Build 20210223220002 ((Default User
Profile, Default Classic Theme) on German WIN7 64bit.

I did some tests with unzipped SM from same installer, and everything
seemed to work fine. Now, after having installed same installer, I can't
launch SM with my default user profile any longer. I see the process in
WIN Task manager, but memory consumption seems to stop at 190 MB (or
so). Other mall test profiles work fine. An switching back to 2.53.7,
which still is installed in parallel, also works fine with my default
user profile.
During my first launch for newly installed 2.53.8 I saw a vrey quick
rising memory consumption until max; what ever that might mean for my
now failing launches

Any recommendations? May be I should uninstall 2.53.7 (and then do a new
installation of .8?
Or anything I should try to test?

CU

Rainer

Frank-Rainer Grahl

Feb 25, 2021, 10:34:37 AM2/25/21
Remove your local disk cache or set network.http.rcwn.enabled to false in your
profiles prefs.js.

I need to disable rcwn. New stuff which seems to need some more fixes for the
disk cache. Tomorrows build will have it disabled for now.

FRG

Rainer Bielefeld

Feb 25, 2021, 12:50:45 PM2/25/21
Frank-Rainer Grahl schrieb:
> Tomorrows build will have it disabled for now.

Ah, Thx, I will try!

CU

Rainer

Rainer Bielefeld

Mar 1, 2021, 1:08:06 AM3/1/21
Frank-Rainer Grahl schrieb:
> Tomorrows build will have it disabled for now

Hi,

Yes, that works. My

installation of unofficial (by wg9s) De SeaMonkey 2.53.8 beta 1 pre
Mozilla/5.0 (NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Build 20210227220003 (Newly created User Profile, Default Classic Theme)
on German WIN7 64bit

now launches fine.

Additional observation: it seems that memory consumption has become
reduced 20% or so. I can't tell whether related to
"network.http.rcwn.enabled = false"
or real improvement.
Or illusion?

CU