The server which is going to be closed down

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Apr 1, 2021, 10:03:22 AM4/1/21
Just out of interest,
- is it theoretically possible to move ownership of this server to (for
instance) the Seamonkey project?
- How much would it cost? (money)
- How much would it cost? (time)
- Would the (for instance) Seamonkey group be prepared to run it?

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/

Dirk Fieldhouse

Apr 1, 2021, 2:36:58 PM4/1/21
On 01/04/2021 15:03, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> Just out of interest,
> - is it theoretically possible to move ownership of this server to (for
> instance) the Seamonkey project?
> - How much would it cost? (money)
> - How much would it cost? (time)
> - Would the (for instance) Seamonkey group be prepared to run it?

There is (AFAIK)
- a mailing list server, operated by Mozilla
- a set of hosted newsgroups, provided by GigaNews
- some stuff that links the two, presumably run in the Mozilla server.

I would guess that reproducing this exactly is not the sort of thing
that SM could manage, but one or more freelists.org mailing lists
together with gmane.io might do the job. Or nabble.com, instead of
freelists, as that seems to allow posting from a webpage as well. See,
eg, <http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/>.

/df

--
London
UK

Frank-Rainer Grahl

Apr 1, 2021, 4:58:55 PM4/1/21

Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
> Just out of interest,
> - is it theoretically possible to move ownership of this server to (for
> instance) the Seamonkey project?
No it is a mozilla server

> - How much would it cost? (money)
see #1

> - How much would it cost? (time)
We wouldn't want to do it. Stretched to the limit already.

> - Would the (for instance) Seamonkey group be prepared to run it?

No see previous answer.

FRG

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Apr 2, 2021, 5:09:37 AM4/2/21
Schade aber auch.

Yamo'

Apr 6, 2021, 5:48:55 AM4/6/21

I have this groups on Usenet (I reading it on my usenet server for years).
I hope many usenet server will still propagate it.

Best regards,

--
Stéphane
Sorry for possible mistakes in English!

Rainer Bielefeld

Apr 27, 2021, 5:51:20 AM4/27/21
I wonder what will happen posting from here (google)

CU

Rainer

Rainer Bielefeld

Apr 27, 2021, 6:01:37 AM4/27/21
to Rainer Bielefeld
Rainer Bielefeld schrieb:
> I wonder what will happen posting from here (google)

Still works fine.

CU

Rainer

Steve Wendt

Apr 27, 2021, 2:12:18 PM4/27/21
On 4/27/2021 2:59 AM, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:

>> I wonder what will happen posting from here (google)
>
> Still works fine.

Posting via the news server still works also.

Don Spam's Reckless Son

Apr 27, 2021, 2:40:50 PM4/27/21
This Newsgroup was there for the developers to communicate, both with
each other and with us. If the developers stop using it then it's dead
anyway.

Steve Wendt

Apr 27, 2021, 3:33:18 PM4/27/21
On 4/27/2021 11:40 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

> This Newsgroup was there for the developers to communicate, both with
> each other and with us.  If the developers stop using it then it's dead
> anyway.

True enough; I see I missed the release of 2.53.7.1 on the 15th.

PulsarNNTP

Aug 19, 2021, 1:27:13 AM8/19/21
01.04.2021 20:03, Don Spam's Reckless Son пишет:
> Just out of interest,
> - is it theoretically possible to move ownership of this server to (for
> instance) the Seamonkey project?
> - How much would it cost? (money)
> - How much would it cost? (time)
> - Would the (for instance) Seamonkey group be prepared to run it?

NNTP

--
TEST