As discussed at today's Firefox 3 meeting, we've decided that there is
sufficient need to produce a new Release Candidate of Firefox 3 before
shipping. Due to the time required to complete some other external
dependencies, we don't expect that this will significantly impact our
shipping date, and still estimate a mid-June release date.
Many of the issues to be fixed in RC2 have already been patched,
reviewed, approved and landed, thanks to work done last week to
identify and drive the bugs into the product. Several localization
updates have also been accepted. Please note that just because we've
decided to produce another release candidate does *not* mean that we
are accepting new patches - only those which fix issues that have been
identified as required fixes for RC2 will be accepted, and even then
your patch must come with a risk assessment and tests.
If you wish to nominate a bug for RC2, please set the blocking-
firefox3? or blocking1.9? flag and include your rationale for why the
bug should block, along with a clear statement of the impact on users,
and the set of users who will be affected.
The list of remaining bugs required for RC2 is here: http://tinyurl.com/57uue2
The proposed, estimated RC2 schedule is as follows:
Code Freeze: Wed, May 28, noon PDT
Start Builds: Thu, May 29, early am PDT
Start QA: Thu, May 29, noon PDT (as builds become available)
QA Complete: Thu, June 5
Notes from the meeting are here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/StatusMeetings/2008-05-27