can't remove reminder of recurring event.

opto

Aug 8, 2017, 11:23:47 AM8/8/17
the birthdays was on Aug. 4th, but the reminder doesn't go away . I can kill it with the cross top right, but it comes back. all other buttons do nothing, the dialog stays.
TB 52.2.1 , Win 10.

any ideas? Thanks,
Klaus

STF

Aug 8, 2017, 1:15:57 PM8/8/17
What do you want to remove? The reminder or the event?
Message has been deleted

opto

Aug 8, 2017, 1:19:43 PM8/8/17
The reminder it Should be possible to Close it After the Event.
This Problem is new.

STF

Aug 9, 2017, 5:46:11 AM8/9/17
On 2017.08.08 19:19, opto wrote:
> The reminder it Should be possible to Close it After the Event.
> This Problem is new.

In the "Reminders" window, when you choose an event, there will be two
buttons: "Snooze for" & "Dismiss".

In my test, if I press the "Dismiss" button, the event goes away from
Reminder. Is this what you are looking for?

If not, I have some questions and remarks:
* Your calendar is hosted in Gmail, right?

* In Gmail, a *separate* calendar for birthday is created
*automatically* by Gmail. Are you talking about it?

* Or did you create your own birthday events? And how did you create
them? I mean, in "New Event" dialog, there is the option called
"Repeat". Did you use it?

opto

Aug 9, 2017, 8:54:46 AM8/9/17
No gmail. This is a Local ICS calendar.

Dismiss does nothing.

STF

Aug 9, 2017, 1:25:58 PM8/9/17
On 2017.08.09 17:21, STF wrote:
> On 2017.08.09 14:54, opto wrote:
>> No gmail. This is a Local ICS calendar.
>
> As far as I know, local calendar is NOT stored in ICS format. It's
> stored in some SQL database.
>
> So, did you mean you *imported an ICS file* which represented the
> birthday event?
>
> Or did you created a local calendar in *Your computer* and then created
> a recurrent birthday event?
>
>> Dismiss does nothing.
>
> In my test, I created a local calendar in my computer. Then I created a
> recurrent event in this calendar like the attached image. With this
> event, the Dismiss button was working fine for me.
>
> If you imported an ICS file, maybe the problem comes from the file
> content. Maybe the content was not correctly formatted?

Bump! I just realized that attachments are removed by mailing-list server!

I've uploaded the image elsewhere. The URL to view it is
http://imgur.com/a/vdY6x

I'll also send it to you in Gmail