[Lightning] Porting frontend code from XUL to HTML-based implementations

enig...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2016, 6:16:53 PM10/31/16

This thread contains discussions on moving the frontend code in Lightning from XUL and converting it to use HTML and React/Redux components.

Philipp Kewisch

Oct 31, 2016, 9:30:49 PM10/31/16
On 10/31/16 11:16 PM, enig...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This thread contains discussions on moving the frontend code in Lightning from XUL and converting it to use HTML and React/Redux components.

Hi enigmaeth,

thanks for opening the thread! I am looking forward to your work on the
dialogs and greatly appreciate that you are willing to work on this
topic. It will help us stay more relevant in the future.

To elaborate a bit for the others, enigmaeth is starting with the
provider uninstall dialog, since it is relatively small and confined.
The main portion of work will probably be turning the component that
provides the calendar list (the one you also see in the left sidebar)
into one backed by react.

I have made the suggestion to consider the ES6 variant of react. I saw
this cool example where an ES6 class was created that extended
React.Component. If anyone has experience with this and would like to
comment, please do. I am aware bug 1167472 might be a blocker for this
though.

If anyone else reading has experience with react they would like to
share, I am all ears (...or...eyes, for that matter :)

Philipp