Why was "Multiproxy Switch" removed from AMO?

al...@yahoo.com

Jan 13, 2011, 10:04:40 PM1/13/11

Pavel Cvrcek

Jan 15, 2011, 8:16:24 PM1/15/11
to al...@yahoo.com

David McRitchie

Jan 25, 2011, 5:59:05 PM1/25/11

"Pavel Cvrcek" <pcv...@mozilla.cz> wrote in message news:4D3246E8...@mozilla.cz...

likewise

http://google.com/search?q=cache:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiproxy-switch
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiproxy-switch

Your search - cache:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiproxy-switch - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
* Try different keywords.
* Try more general keywords.

Hi Pavel,
Where was this discussed. Seems to me it would present problems
1) Japanese extension gets different names in different languages
Localization problems such as VW Golf translated to "No Go" in South America.
2) Someone renames an extension, hard to tell what's going on,
sure is reassuring that having the number you know for sure you are still pointed
to the later version by same author if it has the same number.
3) Will the numbers be kept forever to redirect to the new names
4) Are the numbers we used to see actually still used internally to keep track of each extension.
5) OMG what about those collections that will outnumber real extensions by an order of magnitude,
they're going to have similar names.
6) And of course, what was just brought up archival vs current names, (Microsoft used to
rename KB articles so often the titles seemed to have a half life of three weeks.)

--
HTH,

David McRitchie

Jan 28, 2011, 1:01:43 PM1/28/11
On Jan 25, 5:59 pm, "David McRitchie" <dmcritc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Pavel Cvrcek" <pcvr...@mozilla.cz> wrote in messagenews:4D3246E8...@mozilla.cz...

> > Dne 14.1.2011 4:04, al...@yahoo.com napsal(a):
> >>http://google.com/search?q=cache:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...
>
> >https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiproxy-switch/
>
> likewise
>
> http://google.com/search?q=cache:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://addons.m...
>
> Your search - cache:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multiproxy-switch- did not match any documents.

> Suggestions:
>     * Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
>     * Try different keywords.
>     * Try more general keywords.
>
> Hi Pavel,
> Where was this discussed.   Seems to me it would present problems
>   1) Japanese extension gets different names in different languages
>        Localization problems   such as    VW Golf    translated to  "No Go" in South America.
>   2) Someone renames an extension, hard to tell what's going on,
>        sure is reassuring that having the number you know for sure you are still pointed
>        to the later version by same author if it has the same number.
>   3) Will the numbers be kept forever to redirect to the new names
>   4) Are the numbers we used to see actually still used internally to keep track of each extension.
>   5) OMG  what about those collections that will outnumber real extensions by an order of magnitude,
>        they're going to have similar names.
>   6) And of course, what was just brought up archival vs current names,  (Microsoft used to
>        rename KB articles so often the titles seemed to have a half life of three weeks.)

7) Here is what I found for two extensions having the same name but
two different numbers, this gets really confusing, like the old way
better as better documentation.

Tab Counter :: Add-ons for Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-counter/

tab-counter :: Add-ons for Firefox