Beta channel users don't get the final version of an extension?

Sebo

Sep 27, 2011, 4:34:01 AM9/27/11
to odv...@gmail.com
Hi guys,

my question is based on the following discussion between Jan 'Honza'
Odvarko (lead developer of Firebug) and me.

> Sebastian
>
> > I'm just curious. Why do you now always release a beta version together
> > with the final release? E. g. 1.8.2b1 + 1.8.2 (final).
> It's for the beta channel on AMO. Users subscribed to the beta channel are
> not automatically updated if a release is done.
>
> Honza

So is it really like so, that users using beta/dev channel versions of
an extension never get the final version?
I don't know
Sounds a bit stupid to me, because if I decide to also get updates for
beta versions of a software, I also want to get an update to the final
version of it as soon as it's out.

Sebastian