development of a screen reader

oar...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2018, 9:15:14 PM6/11/18

Hello! I am currently developing a screen reader for my website. What I have so far works on the DOM, I do not know if this is the best way, so I want to ask, I hope this is the right place, how to get to the accessibility tree? Is it better to work with that tree or continue my work on the DOM? Thank you very much and I hope to find some light here.

Alexander Surkov

Aug 8, 2018, 2:37:21 PM8/8/18
to oar...@gmail.com, dev-acce...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey.

Accessible tree is not exposed to the web yet. Your best bet is AOM [1],
which is under-development still. So technically all you have for today is
DOM. I'm curious though to hear more about your project. It may be quite
helpful in the standard development.

Thank you.
Alexander.

[1] https://github.com/WICG/aom/blob/gh-pages/explainer.md