Using ISimpleDOMNode with JAWS Screen reader in Thunderbird

_Abdel_

Jan 18, 2017, 11:27:59 AM1/18/17
to dev-acce...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi everyone,

I would like to use the ISimpleDOM API with the JAWS screen reader in
Thunderbird.

When I use NVDA, if I go to the message filters dialog box with
Thunderbird, each filter is represented by a checkbox, which can be
checked or unchecked with the spacebar.

By default, this is not accessible, but if I use ISimpleDOM, I can see
the innerHTML property, which will give me the state of the attribute
'enabled="true"' or 'enabled="false"'.

The code below works fine with NVDA:

from comtypes.gen.ISimpleDOM import ISimpleDOMNode
import api
import ui
focus = api.getFocusObject ()
obj = focus.IAccessibleObject.QueryInterface(ISimpleDOMNode)
node = obj.innerHTML
if 'enabled="true"' in node:
ui.message (u"The filter {} is checked !".format(focus.name))
else:
ui.message (u"The filter {} is unchecked !".format(focus.name))

Could I have the equivalent with JAWS?

If so, how to use ISimpleDOMNode with JAWS?

Thank you in advance.

If a moderator could delete my first 2 posts with this same subject, I
would be grateful.

They had not been sent to the list correctly.

Best regards.