[Agenda] 30 June 2015 Web Compatibility Meeting

Karl Dubost

Jun 29, 2015, 8:14:15 PM6/29/15
to compatibility, dev-planning@lists.mozilla.org planning
# Web Compatibility Meeting on 2015-06-30 at 13:00 UTC
## Agenda (preliminary)

### Ranking Non-standard API/properties priorities (miket)
### Follow up on Q3 goals from Whistler (miket)

More items: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webcompat
Last Week: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/2015-06-23
Schedule: <http://timesched.pocoo.org/?date=2015-06-30&tz=us:san-francisco:ca,us:austin:tx,ca:toronto,utc!,fr:paris,tw:taipei,jp:tokyo,nz:auckland&range=780,840>

--
Karl Dubost, Mozilla
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/moz

Mike Taylor

Jun 30, 2015, 6:19:06 PM6/30/15
to Karl Dubost, compatibility
On 6/29/15 19:14, Karl Dubost wrote:
> ### Ranking Non-standard API/properties priorities (miket)

There's more work to be done with linking bugs and cleaning up, but I've
created
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/Non_Standard_Compatibility>
as a workspace for this.

--
Mike Taylor
Web Compat, Mozilla

Karl Dubost

Jul 1, 2015, 1:42:57 AM7/1/15
to Michael Taylor, compatibility
Minutes are online.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/2015-06-30#Minutes

with links to the documents.
And also a photo of Whistler participation.

Mike Taylor

Jul 2, 2015, 4:53:50 PM7/2/15
to compat...@lists.mozilla.org, Bradford Lassey
On 6/29/15 19:14, Karl Dubost wrote:
> ### Follow up on Q3 goals from Whistler

In the meeting I said I'd email the list what we discussed in Whistler.

## webcompat.com:
* Improve how we categorize bug reporting
* Experiment with improving the mobile reporting experience (A/B tests?)
* Get other (smaller) browser vendors involved in reporting bugs-and
ideally their community of testers. Daniel has some contacts at Vivaldi
that are worth reaching out to.
* Publicity (Karl to write and propose a few articles on web
compatibility to places like A List Apart, Web Designing, etc.)
* Experiment with streaming live coding of diagnosing webcompat issues
as a way of generating interest in doing the same
* Image upload

## Gecko
* Continue to support the work being done in to improve Japanese compat.
cf.
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/Non_Standard_Compatibility>
* Testing for UA overrides

## Spec Work
* Start the work writing the "Compatibility Spec" via the WHATWG

## Testing
Before Hallvord went on vacation he mentioned that he'll be working on
creating a UI for humans to review automated test results. He can
clarify when he comes back. ^_^

I also want to explore using the compatipede machinery to do automated
testing of our UA overrides, compare before/after UA screenshots to
determine if A) the CDN has exploded and B) if a particular override is
needed anymore.