Re: Any interest in standardizing moz-touch-enabled media feature?

Rick Byers

May 28, 2012, 4:51:23 PM5/28/12
to community-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Looks like my message (below) never got moderator approval. I just wanted
to send a quick update to say that "pointer" and "hover" features have been
added to the CSS 4 media queries draft spec:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-mediaqueries/#pointer
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-mediaqueries/#hover

The thinking was that this was more flexible (eg. for other pointers like
stylus, and for accessibility purposes) than the single "touch-enabled"
media query that Firefox has. I hope firefox will consider supporting
"pointer" and "hover" as well.

Thanks,
Rick