Hello again + notice about this list

Erika Owens

Jan 21, 2016, 12:24:59 PM1/21/16
to Discuss Knight-Mozilla OpenNews
Hello!
Happy New Year. It's been awhile since you've received any messages on
this list and so we wanted to say hi and let you know about some changes.

* We're moving this list to a new email provider, MailChimp, to help
mitigate the spam problems we were having last year and to keep your
community call updates, OpenNews news, and other alerts coming
smoothly and consistently. The new list will be set up as a
broadcast list, rather than a discussion list, though the frequency
of emails won't change much. (More on that below.)
* If you do NOT want to us to migrate you to our new list, please
unsubscribe from this list by Monday, January 25. You can
unsubscribe by going here:
bottom, and entering the email address you've subscribed to this
list with in the section labeled "To unsubscribe from
community-mojo, get a password reminder, or change your subscription
options enter your subscription email address:"
* After January 25, we're going to close this existing list and
migrate all of the remaining subscribers to MailChimp.

Some of you have been on this list for years, and we thank you for
staying connecting with OpenNews and our wider community as it grows and
changes. We're excited to have you aboard as we head into our fifth year.

As we considered our options for better list-handling, we realized that
there was often very little discussion activity on this list, so we
decided to switch to a spam-proof distribution list, and focus on our
highly interactive community calls and Source roundups for discussions.
Email me and let me know if you find yourself missing the
discussion-list element though—we'd love to hear your thoughts.

We've got a lot of stuff planned for this year, and look forward to
telling you all about it by email, our community calls, on Source, and
more.

-Erika

--
Erika Owens
Program Manager, Knight-Mozilla OpenNews