Community Manager Appreciation Day 2014 by Hootsuite

Muhammad Hafiz Bin Mohd Hidzir

Jan 20, 2014, 1:22:49 AM1/20/14
to community...@lists.mozilla.org

Hello guys,

Just wanted to share that I have recently received an invitation by
Hootsuite as a panelist for Community Manager Appreciation Day 2014
representing the community. The topic that I have been requested to talk on
is "Challenges for International Communities" and below are the questions
that I will be required to answer soon:

* What are the challenges to community managers when providing services to
international communities?
* How important is being multi-lingual when providing services to
international communities?
* Is it important to deliver a 24/7 service providing services to
international communities?
* How do you determine which platforms to be on when working with
international communities?
* How do you measure and manage metrics for international communities?
* How do you prevent a global crisis when working with an international
community?

I have some answers in mind for the first, second, and fourth questions and
I'm still "scratching my head" for answers for the rest of the questions
which as far as I have concerned, we do not yet encounter any global crisis
(good grief *fiuh*) and some of us just started to measure and manage
metrics for our community. Not forgotten 24/7 service which we do not have
(yet) and on-going live "helpdesk" or something like that. So, can anyone
give me some ideas on what more to answer for any questions above?

Anyways, I need to re-confirm back again with Hootsuite within this week
for details and such regarding the community - so along the way they wanted
to know what I have in mind as well, which I have to settle it all within
this week. And the event will kick-start on next Monday (January 27, 2014).

I'm looking forward to your soonest replies and thanks in advance.
Apologies in advance too for bugging up in last minutes with undefined
rushes.

Regards,
Muhammad Hafiz Bin Mohd Hidzir
Mozilla Malaysia Community Member