Mozilla India Community in the times of COVID-19 | Discussion

Vineel Reddy

Mar 24, 2020, 4:29:09 PM3/24/20
to community-india
Dear Community,

These are challenging times, and we hope you are all well and staying safe.

Based on the initial interest from the discussion
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/MozillaIndia/permalink/3022993551065299/>,
we're hosting an '*informal* *online' *meeting on 25th March at 7.00 PM to
discuss and explore the role of Mozilla community in India in the times of
COVID-19. The call details and agenda shall be updated on the agenda
document link listed below.

Background:
The novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, has taken the world by storm, causing
significant disruption to our daily lives and the global economy. On March
11, 2020, the WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic as rates of infection impact
locations around the world, highlighting the importance of countries and
cities alike to take collective and united action in our efforts to
alleviate the impact of the virus on our societies.

India is in lockdown for the next 21 days. The discussion shall be focused
on exploring the possible role of Mozilla India community in the coming
days primarily as an online community.

*Agenda & Call information:*
You can add your thoughts/ ideas/ concerns/ questions here:
https://pad.mozilla.org/p/mozilla-india-covid19

For official information on COVID-19, please refer to Govt authorized
channels only.

*Disclaimer*
*We strongly encourage to follow the guidelines shared by your local
government authorities.*
Any on or off-field activity, which is beyond digital interaction, by any
of the group/community members is strongly discouraged and condemned. There
may be legal consequences for the same. Always stay safe and follow the
instructions of your local authorities.

Any such activity done by any community members should be taken up at their
own discretion. Any member of this group is not responsible for any mishap
or damage is done to by these other volunteers.

Warm regards,
Vineel

Vineel Reddy Pindi

Collab House <http://collab.house/> | Mozilla India
<https://mozillaindia.org/>

Vineel Reddy

Mar 25, 2020, 9:22:14 AM3/25/20
to community-india
* Reminder *

Call starting in 10 minutes. https://pad.mozilla.org/p/mozilla-india-covid19

~ V

Vineel Reddy Pindi

Collab House <http://collab.house/> | Mozilla India
<https://mozillaindia.org/>

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:58 AM Vineel Reddy <pindivin...@gmail.com>

Vineel Reddy

Mar 26, 2020, 4:39:55 PM3/26/20
to community-india
Dear Community,

Over 30 Mozillians joined the call yesterday to share their thoughts and
ideas on the role of the community in the coming days. You can find the
summary of the meeting here: https://pad.mozilla.org/p/mozilla-india-covid19

*Get Involved:*

- Anyone interested in any way to contribute is welcome.
- There are several ways - Coding, Social Media, Translation, Design and
more.
- You can list your name & email-id here [1].
- You can continue to add your thoughts, ideas or links to the
discussion pad [1].

*Next Steps:*

- Those who joined the call and suggested ideas shall be adding both a
detailed summary & TLDR.
- You can list your name under the respective idea if you wish to
contribute.
- For specific areas/ ideas, the sub-groups could coordinate
independently and come with a cation plan.

*A few key points:*

- Online Awareness ~ Outreach
- awareness about COVID-19
- useful infographics
- tools & best practices for people working from home
- 'ice bucket/ rice bucket' challenge like campaigns/ tagging
friends/ family
- using low-entry barrier mediums like WhatsApp
- graphic for acronym WEFDF to promote awareness about 5 essential
DOs during the outbreak:
- W - Wash your hands for 20 mins
E - sneeze in your elbow
F - Don't touch your face, eyes or nose before washing hands
D - Maintain 6 ft distance
F - Pay attention to how you feel
- compile and disseminate important info in times of lockdown:
- region-wise per person meal package list for people looking to
support daily-wage workers (groceries required/ price/ time period)
- general volunteering to support elders

- Localization
- Localization of official information, graphics, infographics
- Request to translate Wikipedia articles related to Covid-19 to all
Indian languages.
- For those who can't translate the long version, you could translate
a short version.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_COVID-19/Translation_Task_Force
- L10N Request- Folks behind https://coronasafe.network/ are looking
for translation support. Contact them here:
https://volunteer.coronasafe.network/. https://chat.coronasafe.in

- Donating Computing power
- now you can share/donate your computer computing power for COVID19
research:
- https://foldingathome.org
-
https://blog.rabimba.com/2020/03/help-finding-cure-for-covid19-foldinghome.html

- Technology
- geo-fencing applications
- dashboards for real-time data
- fake news taskforce/ bot
- essential goods Finder [App ~ WhatsApp bot]: places to find meals/
groceries/ medicines/ other critical services

More details can be found at the discussion pad.

*Next Online Meeting:*
28th March, Saturday, 7.00 PM
Meeting details shall be updated on the pad [1]

Warm regards,
Vineel

Warm regards,
Vineel