How can I get started for evangelism?

Jegadeesh Vontlin

Aug 18, 2018, 2:30:52 AM8/18/18
Hi guys, I enrolled into mozilla india yesterday and I am planning to contribute for Evangelism.

How can I get started?

Also I didnt signup with a password(Optional). although I didn't receive one from mozilla india.

How do I get one and login to continue my contribution?

Mayur Patil

Aug 18, 2018, 8:53:48 AM8/18/18
to vsjeg...@gmail.com, community-india
Hello Jegadeesh,
Thank you for your interest. Can you let us know where are you from? So
that we can redirect you to the nearest volunteer who can help you get
started. :)
Meanwhile you can browse through different contribution areas :
https://whatcanidoformozilla.org/

And what login are you talking about?

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 12:05 PM Jegadeesh Vontlin <vsjeg...@gmail.com>

Jegadeesh Vontlin

Aug 18, 2018, 12:05:01 PM8/18/18
to Mayur Patil, community-india
Dear Mayur Patil,

I am from Madurai, Tamilnadu.

I see a sign up form community india main page.

Why the credentials are for?

Where can I use that credentials to login?

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018, 6:23 PM Mayur Patil <mayurp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jegadeesh,
> Thank you for your interest. Can you let us know where are you from? So
> that we can redirect you to the nearest volunteer who can help you get
> started. :)
> Meanwhile you can browse through different contribution areas :
> https://whatcanidoformozilla.org/
>
> And what login are you talking about?
>

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 12:05 PM Jegadeesh Vontlin <vsjeg...@gmail.com>

Akshay S Dinesh

Aug 18, 2018, 1:25:48 PM8/18/18
to Jegadeesh Vontlin, Mayur Patil, community-india
The password you entered while signing up for community-india mailing list
at https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/community-india is useful only for
editing subscription options at
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/community-india#subscribers

You should create a mozillians.org account (our phonebook) also which is
useful for a lot of things.

Regarding evangelism, checkout https://wiki.mozilla.org/Devrel and the
links under current and ongoing initiatives and then keep clicking links.
Feel free to ask any queries.

Akshay

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 21:35 Jegadeesh Vontlin <vsjeg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Mayur Patil,
>
> I am from Madurai, Tamilnadu.
>
> I see a sign up form community india main page.
>
> Why the credentials are for?
>
> Where can I use that credentials to login?
>
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2018, 6:23 PM Mayur Patil <mayurp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Jegadeesh,
> > Thank you for your interest. Can you let us know where are you from? So
> > that we can redirect you to the nearest volunteer who can help you get
> > started. :)
> > Meanwhile you can browse through different contribution areas :
> > https://whatcanidoformozilla.org/
> >
> > And what login are you talking about?
> >

> > On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 12:05 PM Jegadeesh Vontlin <
> vsjeg...@gmail.com>

Jegadeesh Vontlin

Aug 19, 2018, 9:32:30 AM8/19/18
to asdof...@gmail.com, Mayur Patil, community-india
Dear Team,

I joined Mozillians.

Now it suggests me to get vouched. is it possible that you guys can vouch
me?

Or

i have to get vouched from devrel team because of evangelist contribution?

I am unable to join the mailing lists of devrel google groups. How can I
join? it asks me for LDAP login.

Also for dev rel slack login, it seems not to be possible without invite.

Thank you,

Regards,
Jegadeesh Vontlin

Akshay S Dinesh

Aug 19, 2018, 10:24:42 AM8/19/18
to Jegadeesh Vontlin, Mayur Patil, community-india
Vouch
No idea why Mozillians suggests you to get vouched. Vouching can wait till
people want to vouch you because they work with you.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozillians/Vouching

Slack
Slack is an unfortunate evil that has cropped in to Mozilla. It is only
accessible to employees and select others. Stick to IRC for now.

Let's look at how you can engage in evangelism. What do you mean by
evangelism? What do you want to do?

Are you enthusiastic about a particular technology Mozilla is promoting?

Does https://activate.mozilla.community/techspeakers/ sound interesting?

On Sun 19 Aug, 2018, 7:02 PM Jegadeesh Vontlin, <vsjeg...@gmail.com>

Jegadeesh Vontlin

Aug 19, 2018, 1:36:39 PM8/19/18
to Akshay S Dinesh, Mayur Patil, community-india
Hello Akshay,

I am a tech writer.

Evangelism is all about support and spreading the word about product in
market standards.

I go through those links and saw that hack blog which will be good for my
side of contribution.

But I am trying with irc, it showing me an error page from past 4 days.

Mayur Patil

Sep 25, 2018, 1:15:09 PM9/25/18
Hello Jegadeesh,

According to me, as you have specified your profile and interest, this is the most ideal area for you:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/get-involved/kb

In this you can write common problem solution or new things about firefox.

Some topics from my side:
1. When to use Firefox and when to use Chrome
2. An introduction to mozilla research: guide for Technical students.

Hope this helps !

--
Mayur S Patil
Pune, India.