Just in case you haven't seen the news about IonMonkey landing

Martin Best

Sep 24, 2012, 10:38:37 AM9/24/12
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Below is the announcement email. Martin.

All,

Yesterday, IonMonkey, our next-generation JavaScript JIT compiler, landed! Sure, it does cool things like improve our benchmark scores and get the top score in the world on Kraken (on 32-bit machines). But what's even more important is that this project, which represents over a year of tightly coordinated effort by our IonMonkey team--David Anderson, Jan de Mooij, Nicolas Pierron, Marty Rosenberg, Sean Stangl, and Kannan Vijayan, plus Ion alumnus Chris Leary and the 5 of our JS interns from this year and last: Andrew Drake, Eric Faust, Ryan Pearl, Andy Scheff, and Hannes Verschore--is a big technical step forward for the platform and a great base for us to keep building to make the web faster and more capable. (And play more games!)

(Yesterday a version this email went out with a note about cake. There is no more cake. :-P)

For much more on what this is and what it means for the web platform, see David Anderson's blog post:

https://blog.mozilla.org/javascript/2012/09/12/ionmonkey-in-firefox-18/

and press coverage kindly listed by our Erica Jostedt in our marketing team:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57511013-93/mozilla-juices-firefoxs-javascript-with-ionmonkey/
http://www.internetnews.com/blog/skerner/mozilla-firefox-18-ionmonkey-open-source.html
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Mozilla-turns-on-IonMonkey-boosted-JavaScript-JIT-1705233.html
http://www.webmonkey.com/2012/09/firefoxs-new-ionmonkey-speeds-up-javascript/