Drumbeat event documentation guidelines and example

Nathaniel James

May 19, 2010, 7:23:19 PM5/19/10
to The community mailing list for Mozilla Drumbeat
Hello,

I'm working on providing support to event organizers to document their events. I have written guidelines into the wiki here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/events/kit/documentation/guidelines#Examples

Input appreciated - especially around balancing comprehensive info with simplicity (ie not overwhelming people).

At the bottom of the page, you'll see links to my examples of documentation for Berlin. I will be working up Toronto in the next couple of days.

I am recommending people do a simple blog post to highlight what was unique about their local events and interest new audiences and provide standardized information for all events on the wiki.

So, in that spirit, I have:

- written a Drumbeat Berlin report on my brand new web site: http://nathanieljames.org/blog/2010/05/19/drumbeat-berlin-report/

note: we're still moving things around on my site. feedback appreciated.

- and created a Drumbeat Berlin documentation wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Drumbeat/events/Berlin/documentation#Other_Notes

I captured everything I have, but if you were in Berlin, please do add your own notes, media, etc.

Cheers,

NJ

MIRANDAVance27

Dec 6, 2011, 7:05:46 PM12/6/11