Syncing extension preferences

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 16, 2016, 6:56:11 PM8/16/16
to mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
Looking at this page (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/Mozilla/Firefox_Sync/Syncing_custom_preferences) I see the feature that previously allowed to sync extension prefs has either been obsoleted or replaced. Is there still a way to sync preferences between installations for my own extension?

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 17, 2016, 7:05:54 AM8/17/16
On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 12:56:11 AM UTC+2, Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> Looking at this page (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/Mozilla/Firefox_Sync/Syncing_custom_preferences) I see the feature that previously allowed to sync extension prefs has either been obsoleted or replaced. Is there still a way to sync preferences between installations for my own extension?

Does this https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/sync/ for example still allow syncing extension prefs?

Jorge Villalobos

Aug 17, 2016, 10:13:33 AM8/17/16
to mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
I don't think that's possible to do anymore. I would suggest asking in
the more active add-on developer channels, though:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons#Contact_us

Jorge