what is the schedule

Millwood

Mar 11, 2016, 9:53:24 AM3/11/16
to mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing claims that 46 beta
will not have the override. I'm running 46.0b1 and the override still
works.

Is there a more current schedule somewhere?

Note that this it becoming more of a PITA, particularly since in
parallel with signing, firefox is removing deprecated javascript in
stages, thus breaking some addons repeatedly. The breakage tends to
become apparent at beta time. I'm running an unsigned fix to one right
now waiting for the developer to make and sign a final fix.

Kev Needham

Mar 11, 2016, 10:46:27 AM3/11/16
to Millwood, mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
The override will be removed in the beta cycle, likely in b2 or b3.

kev

Millwood

Mar 11, 2016, 10:59:56 AM3/11/16
to mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
At which point you'll lose me as a beta tester. Sad.

Botond Ballo

Mar 11, 2016, 11:04:53 AM3/11/16
to Kev Needham, mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org, Millwood
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Kev Needham <knee...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> The override will be removed in the beta cycle, likely in b2 or b3.

Will the unbranded build of beta appear at the same time?

Thanks,
Botond

Kev Needham

Mar 11, 2016, 11:05:36 AM3/11/16
to Botond Ballo, mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org, Millwood
Yes, it will. Using Dev Edition is also an option, as it will retain the
preference.

kev

Paolo Amadini

Mar 11, 2016, 11:23:47 AM3/11/16
On 3/11/2016 3:46 PM, Kev Needham wrote:
> The override will be removed in the beta cycle, likely in b2 or b3.

Where can I get the equivalent unbranded build for local testing?

Paolo

»Q«

Mar 11, 2016, 12:07:02 PM3/11/16
to mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
Where are unbranded builds of Fx 45.0? (I searched, but apparently not
in the right places.)

Kev Needham <knee...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Yes, it will. Using Dev Edition is also an option, as it will retain
> the preference.

Dave Townsend

Mar 11, 2016, 12:40:51 PM3/11/16
to mozilla-addons-...@lists.mozilla.org
There won't be unbranded builds for 45. The unbranded builds for 46
are coming soon.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 9:05 AM, »Q« <box...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Where are unbranded builds of Fx 45.0? (I searched, but apparently not
> in the right places.)
>
> Kev Needham <knee...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it will. Using Dev Edition is also an option, as it will retain
>> the preference.
>
>> On 2016-03-11 11:04 AM, Botond Ballo wrote:
>
>> > Will the unbranded build of beta appear at the same time?

Paolo Amadini

Mar 13, 2016, 12:33:52 AM3/13/16