Different profiles -> same extensions? Install just once?

Balaco

Nov 10, 2017, 7:31:47 PM11/10/17
This is the message I wanted to send today, but the extension thing I
just "self discovered and fixed" got in the way.

Right now, I have two profiles for my user. I play to have a third one
too. I want both/all profiles to have the same extensions, but I do not
want to install them 2 or 3 times.

If I make a symbolic link (I am in linux with a filesystem that can do
that) of second profile to the first one (and possibly the third too)
will Firefox gracefully deal with this situation?

The main questions I imagine now are:

- preferences of each add-on will be kept separated, right?

- I may need to restart all runing Firefox, right?

- is there any side effect I should be aware?

Balaco

Nov 14, 2017, 1:39:15 PM11/14/17
This is the message I wanted to send today, but the extension thing I
just "self discovered and fixed" got in the way.

Right now, I have two profiles for my user. I plan to have a third one
too. I want both/all profiles to have the same extensions, but I do not
want to install them 2 (or 3, or N) times.

If I make a symbolic link (I am in linux with a filesystem that can do
that) of second profile's 'extensions' folder do the same folder of the
first profile, will Firefox gracefully deal with this situation? In
other words, if I restart (if already running) Firefox profile 2, will
it recognize the installed profiles again?

The main questions I imagine now are:

- will preferences of each add-on/extension be kept separated?

- I may need to restart all runing Firefox so they see new add-ons, right?