Chromebug or equivalent for Firefox 15?

rpod...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2012, 7:18:40 PM9/18/12
I'm currently porting an browser extension from Chrome to Firefox. I learned about Chromebug but it looks like it doesn't support Firefox 15 and seems to be out of development.

I tried the latest Chromebug/Firebug 1.8.0a2 version but I can't choose context and it just seems to be broken.

Is there any other equivalent way to debug Firefox extensions for FF15?

Thanks to anyone who sees this.

Ondrej Mikle

Sep 26, 2012, 5:16:40 PM9/26/12

> Is there any other equivalent way to debug Firefox extensions for FF15?

there is only one option AFAIK - Venkman. Since I know how painful addon development is without any debugger, I put together a HOWTO:

http://qabs.cz/doc/VenkmanGuide/

Ondrej