Build problem debian.

Michael Tomkins

Mar 14, 2012, 6:31:01 PM3/14/12
to servic...@mozilla.org
Tried installing firefox sync on my debian wheezy server and could
not. Followed the instructions on the install page http://docs.services.mozilla.com/howtos/run-sync.html
and finished in the following error during "make build"

'''
Found existing installation: WebOb 1.2b3
Uninstalling WebOb:
Successfully uninstalled WebOb
Running setup.py install for WebOb

no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyc'
no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyo'
Successfully installed WebTest WebOb
Cleaning up...
bin/buildapp -c prod -i http://pypi.python.org/simple server-
core,server-reg,server-storage
The current channel is prod.
Building the app
Checking the environ [ok]
Updating the repo Could not find any rpm-* tag
[fail][fail]
'''

I'm pretty sure this means I need to install a RPM manager of some
sort. Any suggestions?

--
Michael Tomkins
mic...@gmail.com

Ryan Kelly

Mar 15, 2012, 1:05:01 PM3/15/12
to servic...@mozilla.org, Michael Tomkins
On 14/03/12 15:31, Michael Tomkins wrote:
> Tried installing firefox sync on my debian wheezy server and could not.
> Followed the instructions on the install page
> http://docs.services.mozilla.com/howtos/run-sync.html and finished in
> the following error during "make build"
>
> '''
> Found existing installation: WebOb 1.2b3
> Uninstalling WebOb:
> Successfully uninstalled WebOb
> Running setup.py install for WebOb
>
> no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyc'
> no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyo'
> Successfully installed WebTest WebOb
> Cleaning up...
> bin/buildapp -c prod -i http://pypi.python.org/simple
> server-core,server-reg,server-storage
> The current channel is prod.
> Building the app
> Checking the environ [ok]
> Updating the repo Could not find any rpm-* tag
> [fail][fail]
> '''
>
> I'm pretty sure this means I need to install a RPM manager of some sort.

It should not be necessary to install an RPM manager, the "rpm-" prefix
on our tags is because we use rpms internally for deployment.

There have been some sporadic issues with mercurial access over the last
few days, can you please try a fresh build to check whether this was
just a transient issue?

Cheers,

Ryan

Franz Skale

Mar 15, 2012, 2:23:46 PM3/15/12
to Ryan Kelly, Michael Tomkins, servic...@mozilla.org

Hi Michael,
i didn't get server-full compile working under wheezy because of
troubles with python2.7.
Stepped back to squeeze.
Build is working.

Rgds.
Franz

Michael Tomkins

Mar 15, 2012, 6:43:26 PM3/15/12
to Ryan Kelly, Michael Tomkins, servic...@mozilla.org

> Cheers,
>
> Ryan

I'll say, did a "hg pull" and a "hg log" on my version and both had
corrupted or weird results.

'''
sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/firefox-sync# ls
CENTOS.txt README build.py docs lib prod-reqs.txt setup.cfg
stdeb.cfg tests tests_memcached.ini tools
MANIFEST.in _build.py dev-reqs.txt etc local pylintrc setup.py
sync.wsgi tests.ini tests_memcachedldap.ini
Makefile bin development.ini include man server-full stage-
reqs.txt syncserver tests_ldap.ini tests_mysql.ini
sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/firefox-sync# hg pull
abort: repository default not found!
sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/firefox-sync# hg log
sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/firefox-sync#
'''

Did a rm, hg clone and make build and I get 3 fails now!

NB I have a very low memory server system (ARM 32mb, console only).

'''
sarsen:/usr/local/share/www# rm -rf firefox-sync

sarsen:/usr/local/share/www# hg clone https://hg.mozilla.org/services/server-full
destination directory: server-full
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 519 changesets with 1437 changes to 346 files (+1 heads)
updating to branch default
60 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/server-full# hg log | head
changeset: 518:14a5c37fbfc2
tag: tip
user: Toby Elliott <tell...@mozilla.com>
date: Mon Feb 06 10:24:51 2012 -0800
summary: Added tag rpm-1.0-2 for changeset 85798b0a897e

changeset: 517:85798b0a897e
tag: rpm-1.0-2
user: Toby Elliott <tell...@mozilla.com>
date: Thu Jan 26 16:11:26 2012 -0800

sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/server-full# make build
virtualenv --no-site-packages .
New python executable in ./bin/python
Installing setuptools............done.
Installing pip...............done.
bin/pip install -U -i http://pypi.python.org/simple MoPyTools
Downloading/unpacking MoPyTools
Downloading MoPyTools-2.9.tar.gz
Running setup.py egg_info for package MoPyTools

Downloading/unpacking Paste (from MoPyTools)
Downloading Paste-1.7.5.1.tar.gz (523Kb): 523Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package Paste

warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build/_sources'
Downloading/unpacking PasteScript (from MoPyTools)
Downloading PasteScript-1.7.5.tar.gz (129Kb): 129Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package PasteScript

warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build/_sources'
warning: no files found matching '*.js' under directory 'paste'
warning: no files found matching '*.jpg' under directory 'paste'
Downloading/unpacking PasteDeploy (from MoPyTools)
Downloading PasteDeploy-1.5.0.tar.gz
Running setup.py egg_info for package PasteDeploy

Downloading/unpacking flake8 (from MoPyTools)
Downloading flake8-1.2.tar.gz
Running setup.py egg_info for package flake8

Downloading/unpacking distutils2==1.0a3 (from MoPyTools)
Downloading Distutils2-1.0a3.tar.gz (878Kb): 878Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package distutils2

Downloading/unpacking virtualenv (from MoPyTools)
Downloading virtualenv-1.7.1.2.tar.gz (2.1Mb): 2.1Mb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package virtualenv

warning: no previously-included files matching '*.*' found under
directory 'docs/_templates'
Downloading/unpacking pypi2rpm (from MoPyTools)
Downloading pypi2rpm-0.6.0.tar.gz
Running setup.py egg_info for package pypi2rpm
/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:251: UserWarning: 'licence'
distribution option is deprecated; use 'license'
warnings.warn(msg)

Downloading/unpacking argparse (from pypi2rpm->MoPyTools)
Downloading argparse-1.2.1.tar.gz (69Kb): 69Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package argparse

warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found
anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found
anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.orig' found
anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.rej' found
anywhere in distribution
no previously-included directories found matching 'doc/_build'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env24'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env25'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env26'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env27'
Installing collected packages: MoPyTools, Paste, PasteScript,
PasteDeploy, flake8, distutils2, virtualenv, pypi2rpm, argparse
Running setup.py install for MoPyTools

Installing buildapp script to /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin
Installing buildrpms script to /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin
Running setup.py install for Paste
Skipping installation of /usr/local/share/www/server-full/lib/
python2.7/site-packages/paste/__init__.py (namespace package)

warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build/_sources'
Installing /usr/local/share/www/server-full/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/Paste-1.7.5.1-py2.7-nspkg.pth
Running setup.py install for PasteScript
Skipping installation of /usr/local/share/www/server-full/lib/
python2.7/site-packages/paste/__init__.py (namespace package)
Searching for PasteDeploy
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/PasteDeploy/
Reading http://pythonpaste.org/deploy/
Reading http://pythonpaste.org/deploy/paste-deploy.html
Best match: PasteDeploy 1.5.0
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/P/PasteDeploy/PasteDeploy-1.5.0.tar.gz#md5
=f1a068a0b680493b6eaff3dd7690690f
Processing PasteDeploy-1.5.0.tar.gz
Running PasteDeploy-1.5.0/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/
easy_install-29VN9F/PasteDeploy-1.5.0/egg-dist-tmp-XcsIRI

Installed /usr/local/share/www/server-full/build/PasteScript/
PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7.egg

warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build/_sources'
warning: no files found matching '*.js' under directory 'paste'
warning: no files found matching '*.jpg' under directory 'paste'
Installing /usr/local/share/www/server-full/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/PasteScript-1.7.5-py2.7-nspkg.pth
Installing paster script to /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin
Running setup.py install for PasteDeploy

Skipping installation of /usr/local/share/www/server-full/lib/
python2.7/site-packages/paste/__init__.py (namespace package)
Installing /usr/local/share/www/server-full/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/PasteDeploy-1.5.0-py2.7-nspkg.pth
Running setup.py install for flake8
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/flake8 from 644 to 755

changing mode of /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin/flake8 to 755
Running setup.py install for distutils2

Running setup.py install for virtualenv

warning: no previously-included files matching '*.*' found under
directory 'docs/_templates'
Installing virtualenv script to /usr/local/share/www/server-full/
bin
Running setup.py install for pypi2rpm
/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:251: UserWarning: 'licence'
distribution option is deprecated; use 'license'
warnings.warn(msg)
changing mode of build/scripts-2.7/pypi2rpm.py from 644 to 755

changing mode of /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin/pypi2rpm.py
to 755
Running setup.py install for argparse

warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found
anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found
anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.orig' found
anywhere in distribution
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.rej' found
anywhere in distribution
no previously-included directories found matching 'doc/_build'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env24'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env25'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env26'
no previously-included directories found matching 'env27'
Successfully installed MoPyTools Paste PasteScript PasteDeploy flake8
distutils2 virtualenv pypi2rpm argparse
Cleaning up...
bin/pip install -U -i http://pypi.python.org/simple Nose
Downloading/unpacking Nose
Downloading nose-1.1.2.tar.gz (729Kb): 729Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package Nose

Installing collected packages: Nose
Running setup.py install for Nose

Installing nosetests script to /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin
Installing nosetests-2.7 script to /usr/local/share/www/server-
full/bin
Successfully installed Nose
Cleaning up...
bin/pip install -U -i http://pypi.python.org/simple WebTest
Downloading/unpacking WebTest
Downloading WebTest-1.3.3.zip (105Kb): 105Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package WebTest

warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build/_sources'
warning: no files found matching '*.txt' under directory 'tests'
Downloading/unpacking WebOb (from WebTest)
Downloading WebOb-1.2b3.zip (204Kb): 204Kb downloaded
Running setup.py egg_info for package WebOb

no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyc'
no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyo'

Installing collected packages: WebTest, WebOb
Running setup.py install for WebTest

warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build/_sources'
warning: no files found matching '*.txt' under directory 'tests'

Running setup.py install for WebOb

no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyc'
no previously-included directories found matching '*.pyo'
Successfully installed WebTest WebOb
Cleaning up...
bin/buildapp -c prod -i http://pypi.python.org/simple server-
core,server-reg,server-storage
The current channel is prod.
Building the app
Checking the environ [ok]

Updating the repo [ok]
Building Services dependencies
Getting server-core /usr/local/share/www/server-full/bin/python
setup.py develop
Timed out!
[fail][fail][fail]

sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/server-full# bin/buildapp -c prod -i http://pypi.python.org/simple

server-core,server-reg,server-storage
The current channel is prod.
Building the app
Checking the environ [ok]

Updating the repo [ok]
Building Services dependencies
Getting server-core 'hg pull' failed with code 1
pulling from https://hg.mozilla.org/services/server-core
searching for changes
no changes found

[fail][fail][fail]

sarsen:/usr/local/share/www/server-full# hg pull
pulling from https://hg.mozilla.org/services/server-full
searching for changes
no changes found

'''